Followers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Falling Leaves

This card was made using the  Doodle Pantry digital stamp set called 'Dizzy Dachshund' and their digital stamps set 'Lively Leaves'. Using Paint Net I merged three leaves from the Lively Leaves set a with the Dizzy Dachshund image to create the falling leaves effect. Printed out two copies, coloured one and the leaves from the other,which I then cut out and  using foam dimensional tape superimposed them over the others.The two leaves on the left hand side of the card are from Stampin' Up  'Autumn Splendor' rubber stamp set.   The set Dizzy Dachshund  contains outline and pre-coloured images of the dachshund  plus digital paper and  sentiments.I used the outline image and coloured him with Prismacolor Markers. The set Lively Leaves comes in outline version  only  and with sentiments. My camera certainly failed me on taking this photo, IRL everything is much more 'mocha brown' looking and not near so green, something about the colours kept fooling the camera and believe me, I took a lot of shots! The layout is from the 'I Heart Sketches ' #35.

Doodle Pantry is the proud sponsor of this weeks challenge over at Pile it On #39 and the challenge theme is 'Leaves'! Fun challenge, hope you take a visit to their blog and give it a go! Have fun!

Card details:
Stamp: Doodle Pantry Digital ''Dizzy Dachshund' and 'Lively Leaves' stamp set: Stampin Up's 'Autumn Splendor' rubber stamp set 
Sentiment: Doodle Pantry 'Lively Leaves'
Colour medium: Prismacolor Markers,  green chalk -  sponged onto the  image background
 Punch: insect punch brand unknown; 

26 comments:

  1. This is just precious and the doggie looks really like he is jumping for joy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he is having a smashing time in the leaves Glenda! Fabulous image and wonderful card design! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! Great card, Glenda...thanks for the Sunday morning smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh wie süß! Eine ganz tolle Karte.
    Danke daß du bei der Kreativeinkaufchallenge mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Glenda. I love the cute image and wonderful leaves all coloured so beautifully. The embossed panel looks fabulous too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous! Fabulous ideal to use this image to create a Fall card. Beautiful rich colors and wonderful dimension and accents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little dog looks like he is running so fast that he is kicking up the leaves!

    Great card...love the burlap strip across the top! I looks great across that fab embossed cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable. Love the idea of the little dog running through the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable image and a sweet card! I love the DP you've used! Thank you for entering your project at Sister Act this week!
    Hugs-
    Trisha-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the design and that cute image, it makes me want to see my Papi playing with falling leaves someday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute image. I can almost see the poor dog running through piles of leaves that are taller then him. Cute cute cute. Thanks for joining our Happy Fall Ya'll Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, I like the image and the design, Thank you for joining in with us at Graph'It colour challenge, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable image! Love it! Ty for joining us @ Simply Create too

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Glenda. Your card is wonderful! I love what you did with the leaves it really looks like the wee dachshund has kicked them up running through the autumn leaves. He is beautifully coloured too. I can relate about taking pics! Sometimes it just comes out the way it wants no matter what I do!! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable! That puppy looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tilly: So glad you joined in our "Fall/Autumn" Challenge #47 and hope you enter often. Your card is SSSOOOOO CUTE--love the fall colors.


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. He is adorable! Never would have thought he could be such a great fall image. And I know what you mean. My camera seems to hate yellow! Can never photograph it properly, so I feel your pain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute Glenda, what a fab image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. i really love the colors of this card and such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week. Hope to see you again! Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seem to have missed this cute pup and card. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so much fun I totally love it! Thanks for joining our Autumn Colours challenge at the Graph'it Marker blog this week!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. another wonderful image, Glenda. The weiner dog is adorable and the fussy cut popped up leaves look great.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  23. The doggie is just too adorable! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

    Marja
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Der Hund ist so was von knuffig und die Karte insgesamt absolut gelungen.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme am Kreativeinkauf-Challengeblog.

    LG, Ilonka

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card. I just love the dachshund. It reminds me of my neighbour's old dog Basil, who I was warned when I moved in would rip my face off as soon as look at me, and somehow he and I became immediate friends! He was a such a little fella, but if the wrong person came in the gate his personality changed into this terrifying little creature. Whenever he saw me though he looked like this happy little chap.

    Sorry I'm rambling, lol....... great card anyhow

    Lin

    ReplyDelete