Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stella's Birthday

Sometimes cards just fall into place as this one did; I had no trouble with it !!!  Even the bow turned with the first attempt (and this is unusual but probably due to an easy bow maker I have started to use).  I created the card following a few rules  I have observed from watching my card making buddy Dawn. They are as follows:
  • when in doubt use a black border
  • vivid colour is good
  • any kind of bows are nice
  • use crystal effects
  • humor never hurts
  • makes things dimensional (Stella's party hat-right side)
Thanks bunches Dawn!

I have entered the following challenges:

1. Friday Sketchers challenge #136
2. Incy Wincy Designs Challenge #76 - use dots
3. Bugaboo - Catch the Bug - Emboss it (I used dry embossing on my background papers)
4. Cupcake Craft Challenge #124 - Something New (this digi stamp from Bugaboo is new, first time I've used it)


Details:
Stamp: digital from Bugaboo 'Stella - Life of the Party'
Markers: Prismacolors - true green, carmine red, yellow orange, copenhagen blue
Paper: Stampin Up, whisper white, pacific point, basic black & the green is misc.
Ribbon: Michaels
Cuttlebug embossing folders - Swiss Dots, Spots & Dots
Spellbinders Nestabilities

7 comments:

  1. Glenda I LOVE IT. Everything about it, I adore the brilliant colours, the ribbon (especially the bow is perfect, I've got to get me one of those things) your colouring of Stella is amazing. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Glenda love the design and colours
    Thank you for joining our Go Dotty challenge at Incy Wincy .
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenda, what a fun card. Such a great image and perfect sentiment. I really like the bright colours and layout. I think Dawn's rules are fantastic!! Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! You have colored Stella perfectly! Fantastic bow also!! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week! Hope to see you again!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funky card, it's great, love the bright colours. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cupcake. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glenda, I love blue & green together!!! And your bow is the most luscious one I've seen in a long time - What a beauty!!! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Emboss It! challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in with us at Catch the Bug and all the Bugaboo fun. Hope you can join us right now for more fun as we are celebrating Bugaboo's 1st Birthday with challenges, hops and loads of chances to win some goodies.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete